Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Glorious

Work has been stressful lately. It seems everyone in the company would like to be my supervisor... which gets old fast. Last Thursday I had a particularly frustrating day dealing with other departments and miscommunications. I left work about 10 minutes early and headed home. We had friends coming over to dinner and I knew I needed to get cooking. I walked in the door to find a tidy and freshly vacuumed living room. I found myself smiling as my stressful day melted away and I went looking for Owen. In the kitchen I found that he had not only emptied the dishwasher, but gone online to allrecipes.com, read the recipe for the chicken cordon bleu he knew I was planning to make, then gathered the non-perishable ingredients, measuring cup, and pan I would need. I should mention that Thursdays are Owen's longest day. He goes to work at 4 am and works till noon, has a two hour break during which he does homework, then heads back to work till 4pm. I found my cute husband in the laundry room, still busy, with no complaints about his looong day-- just a smile for a grateful wife.

This guy makes me happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the best husband in the whole wide world! And he has a pretty great wife too ;)

Flying Princess said...

I can totally hear your voice in my head as I read your blog. I love it!

I have one request:

MORE! MORE!

But don't neglect school, work or O.

So, I guess once a month is ok.