I'm 35.5 weeks pregnant now. I haven't been allowed to work since October 4 and don't do a whole lot these days. Luckily, I've not been put on bed rest, but I have to "take it easy". That means not lifting more than 5 pounds (5 pounds is hardly anything, in case you don't know...), not walking a lot, and not standing for long periods of time. The doctor has said that the goal is to make it to 36 weeks, so we're about there. However, I need to make it to 37, because Owen will be gone all next week for work. He'll just be at a conference in Salt Lake, but it's still not the optimal time for her to come. I told him that it will be really funny if after all of this she ends up coming late (Well, maybe funny isn't exactly the right word for that...). I had an appointment on Tuesday and I am 80% effaced and 1.5cm dilated, so I'm hoping that means that won't happen, but you never know.
Jonie had her little girl, Addilyn Rose on October 1 and she is so, so cute. She weighs 8 pounds 5 ounces now, but I still hold her, because, well, I just really like her. I've been going up to Highland quite a bit to sit around and admire her cuteness. Here's a cute picture of her taken the day after she was born:
She's changing a lot already and her little face is chubbing out. I just love her. I also adore her older sister, Lillie. I think this is the sweetest picture of them:
In other news: my mom is decorating the nursery for us. It should be finished this weekend and I'll post pictures when that happens. It's going to be awesome. I don't know how I'd manage without my mom. She and Owen have both picked up my slack the past month. Lately when Owen comes home, I tell him "I did nothing today." and he says "That's what I like to hear!" We'll see if that attitude sticks around post-baby.


1 comment:
I'm glad everything is still ok! And I hope baby doesn't come late because that would just be too silly! You can always get Jamie to let you come lift some boxes! Can't wait to see photos of the nursery! :)
Post a Comment