I feel like we're finally getting the hang of things around here. Pregnancy, labor, delivery, and recovery all involved more complications than I had anticipated. These past several months have been difficult in many ways, but also incredibly rewarding. I love our sweet little girl more than I can express. O and I just feel so blessed to have her in our lives. Our schedule is a little rough, but we're getting it down. Owen is still working graveyards: midnight to 8am. Then he comes home and I go to work from 9am till noon. He sleeps whenever Alice lets him, otherwise he waits till I get home. On Tuesdays, I have class from 5-7pm, so O and Alice have a little extra one on one time.
In the past week or so, something magical has happened and Alice has started sleeping 6-8 hours every night. I love it. She's made me a morning person. There have been a few days she and I have slept from 9pm-5am and then I get to start my day off early and get things done before work. It's been very nice.
 |
| Waiting at the doctor's office |
We went to her 2 month appointment on the 11th. She weighed in at 10 lbs 12 oz (53%). She's finally gaining weight like she should. She is 21.75 inches (30%). She has lost her tiny newborn look and is showing her personality more everyday.
 |
| Neither of us were very happy about the shots... |
I've been using instagram lately and I love it. Anyone who follows me on there knows that I only take pictures of Alice... but I can't help it. I just love that sweet face.
And now I'm done posting pictures. Promise. For tonight, anyway :)
5 comments:
She's adorable. Thanks for sharing the pics and part of your lives. Love it when you do that.
I love that you finally updated, and I LOVE these photos of Alice. I actually really enjoyed reading all of the posts, but I am only going to comment on this one. Just consider it a blanket comment..... I am so glad that you are feeling more normal now. I love you and Alice! (ok, and Owen too)
Oh I'm so glad to hear that you're settling into a routine. Babies are a doozy that's for sure! She is so sweet! I love her little face! Let's skype sometime so I can meet this peanut face to computer! =) Love you!
Alice is such a little beauty! I love seeing her sweet little face and hearing what's happening in your life. I wish you didn't have to go back to work so soon but at least it's only part-time. Love you guys!
Such a little cutie! I can't wait to meet her this summer.
Post a Comment